Need advice: move to LV for game development? (English only)

Gribi par to parunāt? Vienīgā vieta, kur drīkst runāt ne tikai par spēlēm
Amnvex

Re: Need advice: move to LV for game development? (English o

#11 Post by Amnvex » 03 Apr 2018, 02:26

sam wrote:Yeah, whatever floats your boat, your life your choices.

Which country are you thinking about going next?

*wishing I could go with you*
Are you in Latvia? Why would you want to leave? If you have an EU passport, you could look for a job elsewhere, too.

I'm thinking Deutschland. There are game companies there. Sweden and Netherlands are possibilities, too. Not 100% sure, yet. I will know closer to summer of next year, when I am near the finish-line of my degree.

sam

#12 Post by sam » 03 Apr 2018, 13:04

I don't know why but there are a lot of people seems to want to convey me to leave.... I'm really influenced at the moment.

I'm lost, from where are you then, if not EU?

Alos why would one want to have a job and work... haha

Amnvex

#13 Post by Amnvex » 03 Apr 2018, 19:29

sam wrote:I don't know why but there are a lot of people seems to want to convey me to leave.... I'm really influenced at the moment.

I'm lost, from where are you then, if not EU?

Alos why would one want to have a job and work... haha
I am in the U.S. (NYC to be specific). I left LV in 1996 or 1997 (I don't really remember) to go to Russia, then back to LV for a very short period of time and then to the U.S. If you want to leave, leave LV and go to another country in the EU or head to Asia (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, even Singapore--I know that these places are much better). The U.S. is a lie and everything about it, too, is a lie. Un-affordable health insurance with thousands in deductibles before it even starts paying for anything, drying up social security payments (by 2034, there will be no retirement fund because no money will be left and people have to retire at 70 now to claim the maximum payment), savage and very aggressive police (they arrest people very easily and often shoot to kill), an uncaring government, and lots of racism and hatred for people not from the U.S. Sounds like a great place to live, huh? (I am being sarcastic.) This is why my allegiance will never be to the United States.

I'm not sure about your last question, but if I understand it correctly, I'd say that no one wants to work if they don't have to. At least I am trying to do something that I enjoy in the video game industry and trying to do it back home (EU if not Latvia). I am really tired of moving, in general, that's why this is my last-ditch effort.

sam

#14 Post by sam » 03 Apr 2018, 22:26

You clearly have been thinking about his stuff more than i...

Ahh the US such a great nation such great military airforce supremacy...

I would like the Russian well because of the women there... not the jobs.
But then again I just want to live where Ariana Grande is, because she never comes in here. I heard Ariana is coming to Lithinaua (or Estonia?), not sure.
We just feel really left out as she never does come in here...

I don't really know what to do. Good luck. :?

Amnvex

#15 Post by Amnvex » 03 Apr 2018, 22:55

sam wrote:You clearly have been thinking about his stuff more than i...

Ahh the US such a great nation such great military airforce supremacy...

I would like the Russian well because of the women there... not the jobs.
But then again I just want to live where Ariana Grande is, because she never comes in here. I heard Ariana is coming to Lithinaua (or Estonia?), not sure.
We just feel really left out as she never does come in here...

I don't really know what to do. Good luck. :?
Yeah, such a great nation but only in terms of its power, not in terms of how it helps or takes care of its people. Lots of taxes, but you get nothing in return. You're not missing anything by not going to the U.S.

Yes, Russia is a possible country. It's rough out there, though. I have some family and cousins who live there. Everyone is running away from Russia. Jobs are an issue, too. I wish you luck, too. Remember, what you already have is very valuable--I'd almost do anything to trade places with you based on my situation :(

Lol, Ariana Grande... that's pop culture. America is the center of it all. I give a bit of advice: it's not worth sacrificing everything you have because once the effect of "wooow, this country is so cool!" wears off, you'll regret it. Trust me--I have gone through the same thing when I came here. Now that I am no longer a child, it's nothing but regret, regret, and more regrets.

If she ever does come there, you could drive to see her concert or something. You'll be all right :)

So... for anyone else, I guess if there any suggestions to me about the game industry in LV, do write. I will keep watching this topic to see if any developments happen as I said I would, until I leave the U.S. and decide where to go and I will start uploading my resume next year everywhere on the internet when I get closer to graduation.

sam

#16 Post by sam » 04 Apr 2018, 01:29

If you don't expect stable pay there will be countless indies willing you collaborate with you.. all games as all software should be free anyways.. so don't expect much in return.

Do you have some kind of portfolio to show btw? It's probably will help to get attention here if like to hear opportunities listed.

No, you don't want trade place with me, its way ****** ** down the *******.

Amnvex

#17 Post by Amnvex » 04 Apr 2018, 05:56

sam wrote:If you don't expect stable pay there will be countless indies willing you collaborate with you.. all games as all software should be free anyways.. so don't expect much in return.

Do you have some kind of portfolio to show btw? It's probably will help to get attention here if like to hear opportunities listed.

No, you don't want trade place with me, its way ****** ** down the *******.
Lol, how can I not expect stable pay? Then that's not good. I got a wife, man, and we want to have children in the future. Nothing will work out if there's no stability. This is why LV is probably not the place to go for us. Not unless there's an industry.

And no portfolio yet. Give me a year--I may have something then.

Haha, you say this as though your life is utterly f*cked up. It can't be that bad... c'mon...

sam

#18 Post by sam » 04 Apr 2018, 15:56

Guess there is some truth in what you say..

I don't think I really know anything about Latvia. I'm just guessing. :roll:

Amnvex

#19 Post by Amnvex » 04 Apr 2018, 20:11

sam wrote:Guess there is some truth in what you say..

I don't think I really know anything about Latvia. I'm just guessing. :roll:
I have friends that live in other parts of the EU. They tell me great things. Latvia is pretty isolated.

zivs

#20 Post by zivs » 05 Apr 2018, 01:02

It's funny how people in this topic await treasures shoved up their asses without any work done and then blame country that it does not do it for them ... Typical weakling mentality - "if there is no industry already done by others - I will not make it - I just want the ez life and fruits made by others."

Return to “Pļāpātuve / Offtopic”